6-Year BSc/MD Program
Our 6-year medical school program allows you to earn both a Bachelor’s degree in Science (BSc) and a Doctor of Medicine degree (MD)
What is the 6-year BSc/MD program?
The 6-Year BSc/MD Program is a 2+4 accelerated medical education program for students who have secondary school credentials (e.g., high school or IGCSE “O-levels”). The 6-semester (2-Year) pre-medical curriculum is offered on-campus or online, including asynchronously, to accommodate students from multiple time zones. The 6-year MD program is offered three times per year: January, May, and September.
Benefits at a Glance
Save Money and Time
Grow Your Network
Guaranteed Admittance to Med School
- Entry Qualifications: Secondary School Diploma – A high school or O-levels diploma with a strong performance in science. The following qualifications can be considered for admission to the 6-Year BSc/MD program:
- American or Canadian High School curriculum
- IGCSE (“O-Levels”): B or better in minimum 6 subjects, which include Biology, Chemistry, Math and English
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education
- English Proficiency: Since English is the language of instruction at MUA, it is important that applicants be prepared academically to pursue the curriculum and be able to communicate effectively. Applicants whose principal language is not English may be required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or other comparable exam.
Pre-Medical Program Costs
- Tuition: USD $7,000/semester
- Fees: USD $2,500/semester